Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Winning Winsdays 2

v i d e o s
Saw it on Wimp first.... Cool video portrait of George and his boot shop. These kinds of videos are the best. Well done, lads. Well done, George.



I'm going to copy Sonya here, but this Mr. Rogers video is worth it and I want to remember it. What a guy. This other one she posted was touching, too. Super freaking trooper.




b l o g s 
Siren Voices is a blog I ran into several years ago and decided to read again this past week. The gentleman who writes there works on an ambulance, and what I love about it is his writing itself. It's clean, concise. It's descriptive and well-balanced. And the posts are merely a couple minutes of reading—and always interesting little anecdotes. Fantastic writing.


m u s i c
This evening a song was playing in the living room while folks were watching a video. "What song is that!?" I yelled. It was a wimp video.... (I will continue to believe not everything good I come across will be on that site.) Anyway, it turned out to be the band U137, song Dreamer On The Run. Another post-rock band, it turns out. I'm beginning to really be a fan of this genre.




i n s t a g r a m m e r   o f   t h e   w e e k 
[Where I'll post one of my favorite instagrammers, not necessarily one I just started following.]
Bradley Castaneda seems to always be climbing mountains, especially Rainier, and I'm the happier for it. I love his winter pictures of snow-laden trees and rich vistas. A few weeks ago I commented on a photo of his that I was excited his winter pictures were coming back, and he said thanks. Made my day.

Bradley Castaneda's photo!
THIS IS BRADLEY CASTANEDA'S PHOTO.






1 comment: