Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Winning Winsday 1

I see Winning Winsdays as my chance to keep record of the things that stuck out to me most throughout the past week. It'll be fun to look back on, I imagine, and hopefully fun for you to share with me. Welcome to Winning Winsdays.


articles
"Inside the World of the Double-Crossing Fake Hitman"
by Jeanne Marie Laskas, GQ
via Instapaper

A fascinating glimpse into the life of a "hitman" who works covertly for the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives. He is a man who looks like death, but saves people from it instead.


“Tell me what you want done,” the hit man says. “Do you want something done?”“Oh, I want something done. I want that bitch's face cut.”...The hit man has ice blue eyes that don't wander, don't shift or pierce with disdain. “So you don't want her dead, you want her scarred up?”

videos
The wimp.com video posted the other day ago about what it's like to have a mustache, by some Argentines for a Buenos Aires Festival, I found to be very entertaining. I think in part simply because they were Argentine. And just for the record, I spent what I felt was a fair amount of time searching for the original posting of said video and could not locate it. So... wimp it is. (And a version from YouTube.)





Another wimp video... Called "3 Queens" by Matt Bieler
This one was from today and based on the stats shown on its original vimeo page, today was the day it shot through the roof (or the start of it, at least). I like the simplicity of it, and the editing seems well-done and the music well-chosen. Go moms.

3 Queens from Matt Bieler on Vimeo.



Bernd Heinrich talks about why he runs. And he says it so well.

"I get broken up when I even think about it." "I'm moved by others' dreams; by their devotion and courage—pursuit of this excellence." "Of course, I'd... I'd really like to be a bird, but uh, running is a close second."




No comments:

Post a Comment