Monday, March 10, 2014

Melancholy Mondays 8: Sure, I'll share

Sure, I'll tell you. No problem. I'll describe it in some detail, even. I'll brush your hand over the textures, and raise it to eye level for you to see more closely. I'll walk with you until we're far away. Then we'll turn, we'll look at the thing, and we'll see it from the distance. I'll flick the switch and we'll examine it in the dark, stroking it and weighing it in our hands. I'll let you hold it to your chest, I'll let you take it for the day. We'll put a song on, we'll just sit and stare. You'll know it soon enough, you'll see. Sure, I'll share.

But only the surface. Only the outside.

The rest, the rest is for me.

2 comments:

  1. Ooooooh. So mysterious and inviting yet very closed. Well expressed.

    I hope you find someone one day to share it with. I'm sure it's good enough to share.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is some good descriptive, ambiguous writing my friend. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete