Friday, March 21, 2014

Don't Wake Up. Just Kidding Wake UP!!

This morning during the one-hour wakeup-or-not torment that is common to man I found myself in a poorly lit hallway with wooden walls and concrete floor. It was probably somewhat humid and the dim light was dehydrated-pee-yellow, coming from stale lamps on the wall.

I was walking down the hall, which wasn't too long, and then opened up a closet on the left. Akin to a janitor's closet, strewn with a variety of vague, dreamy (but not) things. I looked down and my mind was suddenly assaulted by the vision of a bipedal alien spider coming out from behind a bucket. NO.

With the rapidity of the Enterprise heading into warp speed I turned and fled the closet, rushing to the safety of... apparently a barracks room at the end of the hall, full of... dudes. Revolutionary soldiers? I don't know. But half were still asleep, the others were just sort of waking up, I think.

*Oh my word shivers found me again as I recall all this

I enter the room and flee to the middle and turn around in terror. And there it is. The running batman logo of a spider, with the two arched, but also kind of like lightning, legs of Alien heads and not really any body, now that I think of it. It paused at the door for effect, of course, and then quickly and cooly sped into the room...

And freaking latched onto my ankle!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Needless to say I stopped that dumb nightmare right there before the creepture got to crawl up my leg and decided waking to my cold room was better than being befriended by an 8-inch two-legged spider from the ice-cold emptiness of the unknown.

Just thought I'd share.

1 comment: