Thursday, March 29, 2012

Sitting Myself to Death

Last Sunday I ran 10 miles and was proud of getting there again. But during the run my right calf started feeling really tight, even somewhat pulled or torn. Ish. I think it's residue from that soccer injury my last year at Southern, but I can't even remember for sure which leg that was. 


I finally ran again on Wednesday and both calves got really tight, but didn't feel torn anymore. Today I decided to look up, and I quote, "how to loosen tight calves." A livestrong link was the second one and since I want to win like Lance, I clicked. Three sentences in:

"Tight calf muscles are a common complaint. They occur as a result of living a sedentary lifestyle or because of strenuous exercise."

That hurt.

And I need it to be a wake up call. I'm either sitting at my desk or at the kitchen table: sedentary lifestyle. Or I'm running ten miles on Sunday: strenuous exercise. But definitely it's the first one that is more true and that pains me. Sedentary is constricting me.

I want, no need, to be moving. Moving!

1 comment: