Tuesday, March 6, 2012

One Paragraph

I'm 25 now. It snowed this past weekend and it felt like it was going to be the last snow of the season. Today it hit 60s, and when I went outside I was overcome with the feeling that cycling must ensue. And quick. The biathlon season seems to be coming to a close, with fantastic races happening right now in Ruhpolding, Germany. Fortunately, the cycling season has already begun, and there are some exciting stages of Paris-Nice happening right now as well. I've been hearing for a while now that one space after the period is the thing to do, but Emily's post pushed me over the line, so I'm trying. I also learned the difference, I think, between "a while" and "awhile." It seems a good rule of thumb so far is that if it comes with "for" before it, then it's with a space (really, because it's a noun). I got my teeth cleaned this morning for the first time in probably about two years. Gross, you say? I agree. But no cavities and they said they could even make me a bottom retainer if I decided for it. I just might do that. I've spent hours over the past few days organizing pictures on my computer and trying to decide how to archive them. I burned a few gigs onto a DVD today. Likely the first of many. I don't know why I'm so concerned about losing them. Actually, I know one reason. I'm secretly (well not anymore) trying to prepare things for my biographer. I've been running pretty regularly for several weeks now. I need to start looking up races. My fifth mile today was about a 6:52. Much too fast, but I'm bragging about it, so obviously I'm not too concerned. I loved, loved, running in the cold weather up here. Especially when it's windy and snowing. I got over-the-ear headphones from Skullcandy (Amazon gift card and sale, just for the record). I haven't written the review yet, but I want to because I feel like it's my duty to warn everyone they're not as great as all the teens say they are. I'm wearing them right now though. But they hurt my head and don't even sound that great. I rearranged my room. The cat sometimes sleeps at the foot of the bed. Don't tell Mom. I realized I'm really behind on my Apple operating system, so I ordered Snow Leopard and will hopefully get around to installing it tomorrow. Hence the frantic photo reorganizing and archiving. Once done, that should put me only a couple OS versions behind, right? And I suppose there are other little things that are happening or that I've done. Maybe some sort-of big ones (but probably not). No job yet. Or knowing what I want to do. If I stay busy enough at home, maybe someone will notice.

The Ideal Life

5 comments:

  1. I think that only maybe, maaaaybe, if I started practicing really really a lot, could I ever fully implement the one-space rule. See. Did it again, twice. HA. Dangit.

    Anyways, maybe I'll just start new paragraphs instead of new sentences - loophole.

    I think you shouldn't worry so much about a job; when you do get one, you'll be glad for all the organizing and cat-play-with time and running you got done in the meantime.

    That's what I'm thinking, at least. It is good to read that there are others in similar situations. (And these two-spaces will probably be the death of me.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got my teeth cleaned last month for the first time since high school. You're not as gross as I am, I guess. And that picture really makes me miss that place and the community it represents. Minus the cat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh, the new one-space rule. I tried avoiding it for a long time, but then I noticed Blogger started to automatically take out the second space on my posts and after that I just sort of gave in. I wonder if I could even go back to two spaces between sentences now?
    As for races, how about this one: http://thecolorrun.com/? It looks like so much fun that even I am tempted to try it out some year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. great update. I'm getting my teeth cleaned later this month for the first time since highschool too

    ReplyDelete
  5. One space is sooo hard! :) It takes so much effort! It is almost uncomfortable for me to look at such a small gap between sentences--it's like someone talking to me to close to my face...

    ReplyDelete