Monday, June 13, 2011

1 a.m. Tired

It's been four weeks since I flew out of Lima.  Obviously, a lot has changed since then.  But frankly, a lot hasn't.

Brosef's coming home tomorrow as long as the ash doesn't hold him back.  Dad's starting another writing sesh.  And Mom and Stef hold down the fort like the troopers that they are.  I keep eating my bananas and almonds and ruining my eyesight.

Speaking of which, I'm almost done with the book I started before leaving for Peru and had to postpone until getting back.  Ben read it.  A Sense of the World.  I just got to the part where he'd officially become the most traveled person in the world.  Lieutenant Holman.  A blind man.  And the book I just got from the library to read next is the one Nick recommended recently, Crashing Through—about another blind man.  Maybe I'm unknowingly preparing myself to become blind.

Life is beautiful.  Isn't it?  Good, good, good.  Right, right, right.  Now, how can I make it even better?

Fiends will never see
Unless they sit with me
Collecting sand
King of my land
I look inside
Night is to hide
Gone are the knights
Losing their fights
Islands and rocks
Accelerating clocks
Right as rain

1 comment:

  1. How beautiful would life be if you came out to Taiwan and taught high school ESL classes? It would be more beautiful for me. A job just opened up here, and it's going to be freaking sweet next year. You should come. What is your FB name?

    ReplyDelete